- This event has passed.
Teacher Training (200 HOUR YOGA ALLIANCE) – September – October
September 19, 2021 @ 11:00 am - October 10, 2021 @ 4:30 pm
This is a unique opportunity to take a three week immersion teacher training in a small residential Retreat Center here in picturesque Maine. Sewall House offers a private, personalized atmosphere. The teacher training will be limited to 5 participants. What is also unique about the training is that the trainer learns about various forms of yoga for a better overall understanding and ability to teach a variety of forms or move on into specialization after the training.
Each participant will have a private bedroom for rest and study.
Each day, the sessions will be 10 hours. There will be a total of 3 weeks of sessions to meet all of the 200-hour Yoga Alliance requirements of the training, plus homework.
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Different types/ styles of yoga defined
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Philosophy, Ethics, Lifestyle
- Teaching Methodology and Techniques
- Mantra, Meditation, Asana, Pranayam, Sequencing, forward and backbends, inversions and twists
- Meditation, breathing, relaxation techniques, including Yoga Nidra
- Kundalini Yoga sets and meditations, as well as the Chakra Energy systems. You will have the opportunity to study and enjoy the benefits of yogic eating as well as lifestyle information about various approaches to food and diet (raw, fasting, cleanses etc).
Upon completion of the training and exam, the teacher trainer will be able to teach Kundalini Yoga as well as Hatha forms of yoga.
Amrita teaches Kundalini, Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Restorative/Iyengar influenced teachings.